Wednesday, April 22, 2009

Aftermath, Part 2

Last month, I was visiting some people I know in the Ifrane area, and through a series off (ultimately very fortunate!) circumstances, I met a couple studying at the Ifrane university. We were crashing at the same people's house as I. They happened to mention that they had been entrusted with some money donated from the US for relief after the big earthquake in Casablanca in the last few years... and I spoke up. Mentioned that there had been major infrastructure damage and that we could definitely use the monetary help. Time passed... there were texts, phone calls, and more of the same, until I got the great news!! The director of the relief money would be very happy to see the money used in my little village!!

Followed a trip to pick up the money... it's truly terrifying to be entrusted with large amounts of cash... I know now I will never be a banker! Not that there was any doubt before... and measuring mission...

To be continued...

1 comment:

Lisa said...

really, its hard to hear stories like this and not believe that the next major world war will be fought over water... its powerful stuff, on so many levels... wishing you many flotation devices my dear!! :)