Monday, February 25, 2008

farewell!

saying goodbye-for-now. it's a funny thing. i'm sad, but i'm excited, i'm happy, but i don't want to leave my people here... so many thoughts and feelings and lists of things to do running through my head all at once. it's no wonder i can't stop to feel any one thing at one time! so different from saying goodbye when the other person is leaving. then, i nearly cry. sometimes.

packing is not fun. and i have much left to do.

farewell to snow falling softly through the night. farewell to turkey-angels leaving their prints in the snow. farewell to farm family sitting around the dinner table and laughing into the small hours of the night. farewell to friends and family, for now (!). farewell to my bed, to warm showers, to quiet moments, to my dog, to my cat. farewell to ice on branches, sticking pines needles together like the hair of a wet cat. farewell to skidding sideways across the road. farewell to waiting only, now to begin waiting while doing (i hope!).

you know what the best part about travelling? (well, one of the best parts) corresponding with people back home!!! ***shameless plug for people to write to me***

:)

2 comments:

Susie said...

hey, there is something in the mail for you heading towards Morocco. If you don't get it in the next six months let me know and I will fly over there and kick some post-man's ASS.....or I'll just send you more and hope one gets to you.
Love you!
Good luck!
-Susie

Maggie said...

Chere amie,
Je suis sur que tu n'auras pas aucune de probleme avec la langue francaise. Bon Voyage.
Je suis desole qu'il n'y a pas des accents ici.